Garage Doors for Every Taste

September 27, 2013

Question #2: Why is my remote not working at all ?

Number #2 in popularity: Why is my remote not working at all ?
First look at your wall button is the light (led) blinking? If so this could mean one of two things. One; the lock button has been pushed - this is a simple fix - simply push the lock button for 3-5 seconds and release then try your remote. If your wall button does not have a lock button, this means that your remotes need to be reprogrammed this will occur for two reasons: power outage or a bad circuit board - try reprogramming the remote first - if it works for some time but stops working again then this means you circuit board is going bad. If the light (led) on the wall button is not blinking, try replacing the battery in the remote and then try to operate the door.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for all of the helpful answers and information. I hired someone to do a garage door repair in Glendale, AZ and they did a really great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My garage door all the sudden stopped working. The only thing that works are the lights. When you press the opener the lights go on and it makes a click noise but nothing happens. Tried reseting it and had an electrician friend come over, and nothing appears to be work from that stand point This started ofter a power outage, I am not sure that has anything to do with it though. Any ideas on what it could be?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might be the logic board of the opener - these do burn out occasionally.
      Give your local professional a call - they should be able to diagnose the problem.
      Good hunting!

      Delete
  3. I want to find a safe garage door company in Calgary. I have little kids and don't want it closing randomly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently moved into a house that has this model, but only came with one remote control. I have a remote from my previous house,and yes, I did find a modern replacement garage door remotes

    ReplyDelete