Garage Doors for Every Taste

September 22, 2013

Question #12: Why do I have to hold the wall button down to get the door to close?

Yes, we get questions all the time. #12 - Why do I have to hold the wall button down to get the door to close?
OK - start by looking down at the bottom of the door is there anything in the way? Then look down at the bottom of your track on the left and right you should see two lights (led). Is one blinking or off? If so you will need to adjust the safety sensors to do this you will need to walk over to the safety sensor that is (off or blinking ) and turn or tilt it till the light (led) is solid. Then try operating the opener.
If that doesn't solve the problem - call your local professional.

3 comments:

  1. I haven't been able to get my door to close after trying everything. Where can I get a new garage door in Richardson, TX?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in need of some help with my garage door. Can anyone refer me to some crediblegarage door repair in Elk Grove Village, IL? I would love to be able to use my garage again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a friend working with an overhead door in Winnipeg and they were having this exact same problem. Thanks for the tip, I will be sure to pass it on to him.

    ReplyDelete