Garage Doors for Every Taste

March 14, 2013

Remodeling Plans? -Think New Garage Doors!

If you're contemplating home remodeling projects, you should be thinking about upgrading your garage doors. New garage doors will have a big impact on two key factors - Curb appeal and ROI.

In many current home designs the garage doors can be up to 30% of what people see from the street. New, upgraded doors can make a significant statement on curb appeal. If your garage doors are clearly visible to passersby, you shouldn't ignore them during a remodel. In fact, you should put extra thought into their design. While some people think anything will do, but the truth is a garage door should be a style that reflects the house's architectural style and color. Consider a garage door with windows or window panels as one way to add style and let in some natural light.

Secondly, garage doors have consistently ranked as one of the top 5 projects in terms of return on investment, often beating out Kitchen and bath remodel expenses.


So when you plan out your homes upgrades, don't forget the garage doors!

Looking for additional selection factors?

Looking for Ideas? You'll find some great garage door looks in our Gallery.

Looking for pricing? Free Estimates in Seattle, Salt Lake, Spokane and San Diego

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this! I have been trying to fix my doors in Burnaby. I found this very helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi There,

    My name is Aaron, just have a few thoughts. I strongly believe when remodeling your home, an element that will give your home a modern look and feel are those glass garage doors. An aluminum or wooden garage door makes your home look so old, go for the fresh glass. It's worth the investment. There is this one home I drive by all the time just to see the design. I would say that those Garage doors definitely give that home the modern feel. I also recently saw some cool garage doors on garage door blog that I came across when I purchase a recent remote. New garage doors can also raise the value of your home, just be sure to have someone professional install it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Aaron We agree - the newer glass doors are spectacular and growing in popularity. Get frosted glass to maintain some privacy too... Some now have amazingly good wood grains as well.

    http://www.garagedoorseattle.com/imageGallery.cfm?iId=DC2D2BC0-C29B-57E0-85C7C13C64988B78

    ReplyDelete
  4. My thought is that When you are considering replacing existing garage doors that are old or worn, you may not be aware of it, but you can actually save yourself money, and add money to the value of your home, making for a win-win situation. Even though there is the initial outlay cost of buying the garage doors and the installing of them, you really must think about this in a positive way. Yes, there is initial cost; but it will make you money in the long run.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you as good as your name says you are. I have had a lot of garage door repair in Calgary and it seems like nobody can get it right.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Remolding or new garage is better option for security purpose.Garage door service Miami group is perfectly done their job. You can easily discuss with them all your requirements. I really enjoyed the selection factors of your blog...so thanks lot for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have embarked on my own DIY project to revamp my two garages. I have the ideas in my head, and on paper, I just have to make them come alive. I have a vision to create the ultimate man caves with a couple pool tables, a 50 inch widescreen HD television, arcade machines, and more. I can't wait to see the finished result!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am Adam Grey. I think garage door service is a good option for security reason. Garage Door Repair Houston TX doing their job very well.

    ReplyDelete