Garage Doors for Every Taste

April 19, 2013

Why won't our garage door go down?

We hear this question/comment a lot: "Our garage door opener was working fine, but all of a sudden we have to hold the wall button down to get the door to close. How do we get the door opener to start working again?


This is often a photo eye issue. The photo- eye safety beams may be blocked, misaligned, or malfunctioning.

Start by moving any objects that may be interfering with the signal and verify that the photo-cell LED lights are illuminated as per the manufacturer's instructions. If one or both lights are on but blinking, try realigning them till the blinking stops.  Note: photo-cells can not be permanently removed from garage door openers that were built after 1973. If the infrared beams are not blocked and the photo-cells are aligned, it's time to call a pro. Contact your local garage door opener repairman to diagnose and repair the problem.

You will not be able to close the door with the remote control transmitter until the photo-cells are in proper working order.

13 comments:

  1. This site has great information! Do you guys offer garage doors in Calgary ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a similar problem like this with our door. We ended up calling a company that services residential garage doors in Albuquerque NM and they were able to fix it. Luckily we haven't had any problems since!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was great info and i tried everything on here but unfortunately I couldnt get it to work! What do you guys think, should i just get a new one? Where can I find a garage door opener in albuquerque nm?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sillouine -
      Sorry these didn't help your situation. It's hard to tell, unfortunately sometimes Opener parts do break. Give my friends a call at (505) 369-2201

      They should be able to help you out.
      Best!

      Delete
  4. Well, that's always a pain. Honestly, Markham garage doors have really stood out to me as high quality among others, and I've never had issues with mine so they're fine in my book. But they just aren't the same everywhere you go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fantastic! Thanks for your useful information about garage doors. you can also visit promaster.ca

    Garage Door Installation

    ReplyDelete
  6. This bit of information is quite helpful and beneficial in trying times.

    Locksmith San Diego

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was having the exact same problem with my garage door a couple of weeks ago. I ended up having to call someone who does doors in Victoria BC, and they got it taken care of pretty quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, Thank! I was wondering what was wrong with my garage door at my house in minneapolis, it turned out to be out of alignment, I am just happy I read this before calling a repairman, I was able to fix it myself, so Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic job!! thanks for share with us valuable post, really helpful to us, i really inspired. you can also visit:- promaster.ca

    Garage Door Repair


    ReplyDelete
  10. It's must important to check first the remote control of the garage door . If you found any issue on it, then fix it. Nice informative information. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have had to deal with this before! I did exactly what you suggested, I probably didn't do it right though. I ended up calling the Door Surgeon and they were able to come out and fix it. At least I have it a shot right?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so impressed with this content that I had to make a comment which is not normal for me. Thank you for your dedication.

    ReplyDelete