Garage Doors for Every Taste

December 29, 2010

I KNOW ITS WINTER: But Don't Warm up Your Car inside the Garage!!

It sounds harmless doesn't it... a couple of minutes and you've got a warm car....

But, did you know... that it takes less than two minutes for gas fumes to reach lethal concentrations in a garage where a car is being warmed up—even if the garage door is open.

Just don't do it!!! - A warm car on a cold winter morning just isn’t worth the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Always open the garage door before starting the car. Once it’s started, immediately drive out and away from the garage, and close the garage door.

According to Iowa State University study - large concentrations of gas still remain trapped inside a garage even after the car is driven out. In an attached garage, fumes can quickly spread into the house and remain for hours.

Carbon monoxide poisoning can result in illness and even death. Carbon monoxide reduces the oxygen supply to the brain and is particularly dangerous because it is a colorless, odorless and tasteless gas. Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning can include headaches, dizziness, tiredness, flu-type symptoms, nausea and loss of consciousness. Poisoning can happen to anyone, but children, the elderly and those with health concerns are especially susceptible.

Solution? Don't warm up your car in the Garage!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment